Working with Anger, Violence, & Trauma using EFT & Attachment 3 Day Workshop
Working with Anger, Violence and Trauma using EFT & Attachment 3 Day Workshop CEU's included in the cost Hosted by Southern NV EFT
Time & Location
Mar 27, 2024, 9:00 AM – Mar 29, 2024, 5:00 PM
La Quinta Inn & Suites (Airport South), 6560 S Surrey St, Las Vegas, NV 89119, USA
About the event
Learn how to work with Anger as a form of Trauma
In many individuals, unprocessed anger can fuel angry behavior. When continually left unaddressed, can at extreme levels, lead to angry outbursts and sometimes aggression and violence. In many cases, the extreme anger and aggressive or violent outbursts are born out of trauma. Strong anger and angry reactions can become very triggering for therapists, and many times these clients get referred out as "difficult" and disordered. Many times they do not really get heard and understood, or met with compassionate care that helps them unpack, explore, and de-escalate anger and violent or aggressive behavior.
Research shows that intimate partner violence is rather frequent; even more so in couples seeking couple therapy. However, even in individual therapy, the violence often remains hidden from the therapist. Or due to therapist fears and uncertainty about contraindication, individuals or couples seeking therapy are often refused.
In couples, the underlying strong, heavy negative interaction patterns are paramount in the violence. These patterns form a challenge for many therapists in working with these individuals and couples, and often the violence between the partners is central to the therapeutic process. When there is identified violence it is remarkable that couples typically want to work in therapy toward a safer relationship where they can stay together and have the violence stop.
Also, many therapists are quick to dismiss individuals and couples seeking help to save their relationships deeming the violence as a contra-indication for couples work. How can clients’ desire to heal the relationship be approached when violence is often seen as a contraindication for couple therapy and EFT?
Based on new scientific knowledge about intimate partner violence and their experience, Lieven and Jef have worked together to come to a deeper understanding of this difficult internal and relational drama.
By attending this Master Class you will learn how to:
- How EFT can help reduce violence when you know how to help couples safely fight for connection and secure attachment.
- How to work with anger as a form of trauma
- How to work with Trauma in individuals and couples who suffer from extreme anger
- How to understand anger and violence differently so you can overcome your biases and blocks in working with these distressed individuals and couples.
- The safety measures required for successful treatment.
- Limitations and Therapeutic Interventions important for you to deescalate the violence
- understand intimate partner violence from an attachment point of view
- learn how you can use Attachment and EFT to help individuals and couples to fight for a healthier, safer connection.
- get specific interventions to use
- learn the importance of, and how to, complete assessment
- the interventions that help individuals and couples de-escalate
- learn the attachment meanings of anger and violence
- learn when and how to provide attachment reframes for the violence
- Discover an opportunity to explore your blocks and challenges in working with these couples.
CEU's for MFT's/CPC's/Psychologists & Social Workers included in the cost!
- Sale ends: Mar 25, 2024, 12:00 AM
Anger/Violence/Trauma 3 Day
Working with Anger, Violence and Trauma using EFT & Attachment 3 Day WorkshopFrom $275.00 to $550.00